Makes 6 large or 12 small fish cakes
- 1 x 410 g tin of salmon or sardines
- 1 onion, grated finely
- 10 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 250 ml oats
- 1 egg
- 15 ml canola or olive oil
- Drain the fish and mash.
- Add the onion, parsley and oats.
- Mix in the egg and some of the fish’s sauce to make a solid mixture. Do not overmix.
- Form 6 big or 12 small fish cakes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and quickly fry the fish cakes in it OR bake them in the oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with small baby potatoes in their skin and 2 or 3 fresh vegetables or a salad.