Nourish Dieticians has formulated an 8 Week Group Weight Loss Program for those who enjoy working in a group. Weight loss is much easier when shared with others. You learn together, support each other, new ideas are created and you learn to change your habits through different approaches.
Our Weight Loss Program is designed to help you learn simple, practical steps to manage long-term health and weight loss.
Did you know?
Psychological research has found that a group approach helps with weight loss. It is easier to stick to a plan when you have support and can share tips on diet and exercise.
In one study researchers looked at the effectiveness of a group program versus a self-help program (In the self-help program the clients had two brief sessions with a dietician plus printed material). The researchers found that the group members lost more than three times the amount of weight as the self-help group during the first year.
Our program encompasses a small group (up to 10 persons), continues for 8 weeks, and is led by one of our dieticians. This allows for individualised attention as well as support from the other members of the group.
What will you learn in the 8 Week Group Weight Loss Program?
- To set realistic, genuine (not superficial) goals
- To restructure your daily eating plan to become healthier and move towards your goals
- To become more conscious and mindful of your eating
- To change your unhealthy habits into healthy ones
- We’ll also be educating you on subjects such as label reading and eating out
- Share delicious food and meal ideas that your group participants enjoy
We run four 8 Week Group Weight Loss Programs per year (during the school terms)
2016 8 Week Group Weight Loss Programs:
- Starting in the week of the 18th of April
- Starting in the week of the 1st of August
- Starting in the week of the 17th of October